Friday, November 30, 2012

Hot Look Of The Week & My Faves

Image via Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images North America
Kelly Osbourne in Jean-Charles de Castelbajac

I think Kelly Osbourne is like Marmite - you either love her or hate her. I happen to love her :) Kelly appears on E!'s Fashion Police every week and I always find her commentary to be thoughtful and funny. Remember when she used to be a hot mess? Yikes. Luckily Kelly overcame her drug issues years ago and then got fit during a stint on Dancing With The Stars and now I find her to be a very exciting dresser. She wore this amazing JCDC Spring 2013 dress to Wednesday night's W LOVE Hangover Ball. The graphic print is so hip and different and I love how tiny the corset makes her waist look. Her lavender hair is adorable too. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kelly was named best dressed on her own show tomorrow night!

Image via Gf/Bauer Griffin
Rita Ora In Vivienne Westwood

British singer Rita Ora has been dubbed the new Rihanna and I think it's obvious why. Not only do they look a little bit alike, but both girls take fashion risks. Like Rihanna, Rita isn't afraid to go all out glam like she did at this week's British Fashion Awards. This Vivienne Westwood dress is a dream. The ice blue color works so beautifully with her olive skin and blond hair. And who doesn't love an hourglass figure? I do have a slight issue with the heaviness of her eye make-up, but it's not a deal breaker. The nude lip saves her face. I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for her in the future.

My Faves

The Cosby Sweater Project - This cracks me up. I watch reruns of The Cosby Show all the time and marvel at the phenomenal 80s and 90s fashions on display. You know Denise Huxtable would be a style blogger if this show was set in the present. 

Remember when Gretchen won Project Runway over Mondo and sparked outrage? Well, outrage mostly in me, but that's beside the point. Gretchen was kind of odious at times on the show, but she seems like a decent egg. Here's a look at her completely amazing Brooklyn apartment

Ten quick ways to style long and short hair. Enough said!

I can't remember where I saw this first, but what a cool idea a poster of Instagram shots is. There is some actual nice photography on Instagram and not just photos of cats and food. You can get Instagram canvases here too - a great gift idea!

I clearly and unfortunately do not live in London. I don't know if I've ever been so sad about that fact than right now because "Valentino: Master Of Couture" is on exhibit at Somerset House from now until March 3rd. I love Valentino's designs so SO much and I would kill to see this. I hope at least one of my London friends goes and tells me all about it!

I can't believe it's December tomorrow. 2012, I hardly knew ye. I will most definitely be doing some holiday cookie baking this weekend and I also hope to start compiling some "Best Of 2012" lists. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment